In the last post we learnt how we can save money on electric bills and grocery. Today I am going to tell you about more places where you can save money as promised earlier.
Saving at the Banks
Yes you heard correct you can save at the banks if you pay attention to a few details.
- Avoid bouncing checks – Bounced checks cost much money. If you can avoid that is your saving. A penny saved is a penny earned right.
- Use home ATM’s – We invariably use the nearest ATM. Only a little bit of effort to find the ATM of our own bank can save up to $5 per withdrawal. It is a fact most people ignore, and it adds to the saving. Is it not?
- Making Card payments on time – This is very crucial to save you the penalty that credit card companies earn every time you are late on your payment. So, make a note of payment dates and pay on time to save on the penalty.
Savings on Entertainment and Leisure
There are lots to save on entertainment and leisure. It will be places where you never noticed.
- Unseen TV channels – Most of the times you are paying for channels you never watched and will never ever watch. This is wasted expense. Now you can choose and pick every channel. So, save on the things you never benefit from. Lack of knowledge is the reason.
- Use Library and Kindle – Many of us will like to read and will buy books. Rather we can join a local library and read. It will add to your savings and you will have the extra benefit of meeting people there. Another very exciting resource is Kindle. Even if you want to buy books the Kindle version is much cheaper.